We like to go against the grain. When others opt for that $400 Prime Rib this year, we wanted to dive a little deeper and have some fun. For our official Christmas Dinner, we opted toward a bodacious braised beef short rib dish that will bring a tear of joy to ole’ St. Nick’s eye. With the king-of-the-mountain beef rub we’re packin’ known as CARVERS PRIME rubbed all over these chunks, a nice work bath in our new Spiced Wine Marinade, and these short ribs will be falling off the bone, dripping in seasonal AF flavor. Fill your home with the aroma of the season and snag up some Beef Short Ribs for ¼ the cost of a big rib roast. Fun to make and even more funnerest to eat!
Check out this INCREDIBLE fall off the bone, savory dinner – straight from Tacticalories!
- 5 pounds of bone-in beef short ribs, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces (Buy locally from your butcher or from www.StayClassMeats.com)
- 3 tablespoons of Tacticalories Carver’s Prime Rub
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
- 3 onions (chopped)
- 5 medium carrots (peeled)
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 bulb of garlic (top cut off)
- 1 Bottle of Tacticalories Spiced Burgundy Wine Marinade
- 1 Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Heat Grill to 350. We used our Recteq RT-1250 Pellet Grill but a conventional oven will work just fine.
- Coat all 6 sides of each piece of meat in Carver’s Prime Rub first, then flour and allow them to rest while you prep the dutch oven.
- Put oil in a dutch oven and put it on the grill to heat up. Brown all sides of the meat in the oil and remove from the pan and set aside for later. Put onions and carrots in the pan and cook until the onions are browned. Place the meat back in the pan on top of the onions and carrots. Put Rosemary and garlic in the pan and cover with Tacticalories Spiced Burgundy Wine Marinade. Put the cover on the pot and cook for 2 hours or until tender.
- Serve over our Herb Dusted Mashed Red Potatoes [READ MORE]!